This is an extremely easy recipe originally published by Jamie Oliver. Instead of making flat tarts, I transformed the recipe into cups just for fun, and they turned out fine. I’ve used my silicone mini-muffin tray to form the cups.
- Ready-made puff pastry dough
- Cherry tomatoes, yellow and red
- Jarred artichokes
- Pesto sauce
- Parmesan cheese flakes
- 1 egg
Ingredients for the marinade:
- Fresh or dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Salt and pepper (be mindful of the salt since Parmesan cheese is quite salty)
- Olive oil
1. Cut the cherry tomatoes and artichokes into small pieces. Add the ingredients to marinate them: a sprinkle of basil, garlic, salt, pepper, and a slight drizzle of olive oil.
2. Let the vegetables marinate for about 15 minutes, then drain off the liquid.
3. Roll out the puff pastry dough and cut circles. I used a small bowl with a diameter of about 10cm.
4. Place the formed circles in the mini-muffin tray and gently press the dough against the bottom and edges of the tin to form cups.
5. Start by adding and spreading pesto sauce, followed by the marinated vegetables, and Parmesan cheese.
6. Beat one egg and brush the edges of the cups.
7. Preheat the oven to 180°C (or the temperature that suits your oven). Keep an eye on the cups to prevent them from burning. Baking should take around 50 minutes.